Daily Scrub

Recently I went on the hunt for a daily scrub. I went to my usual go to, Simple but the shop I went into didn't have any stock of their scrub, disappointing! Have you tired this? Have you had a good or bad experience? Let me know in the comments!



I went for another brand that I have used a fair bit, Johnson's. I bought their Daily Essentials Exfoliating wash. It says it is for all skin types, for daily use and is gentle. I found it more like a lotion with tiny, tiny white speckles that were so small it didn't feel like it was ex-foliating anything. Straight after though, it made my skin feel really soft. After this I used my usual eye and face cream.


The next day, I woke up and my skin felt really tight, and dry. After having breakfast, I went to wash my face, brush my teeth, etc. When I got the the mirror my jaw hit the floor. My skin was so dry and flaky, it looked like my eyebrows had dandruff! I stopped using it immediately. it took me three days to get my skin back to normal.


To be fair, I tried it again. Thinking that maybe it was some other factors. The same happened again, and again it took me a few days to get my skin back to normal. I feel like this would be good for an oily or combination skin type but for dry to very dry, it is too drying on the skin. Like I said my skin was so flake-y and almost peeling.

As I final trial, I tried it on my partners face, their skin didn't react the same as mine but did complain about tightness the next day. I would say they have quite normal skin maybe a little oily in patches. Have you tried the Johnson's scrub? Have you had the same issues? Or did you like it? Pop a comment in the box below!

The hunt continues... Any holy grail face scrubs? Let me know in the comments?

xo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Current Makeup products - Feb 2015

Dear Blog #13 - Vinyl Obsession!