Chocolate Treats

Who doesn't love a treat now and then?



Well, me like most people really enjoy a good bit of chocolate. I love all chocolate milk, white and especially dark. I find that with milk and white chocolate I can eat a lot of it but for some reason because dark chocolate is so rich I don't have to eat as much and get the same... satisfaction? Do you know what I mean? Basically, I prefer dark chocolate. This is something my partner can't understand as they hate dark chocolate but loves both milk and white.



Recently, we went round to my partner's Mam's house and she gave us a few treats to take home. One of which is these bars of chocolate.

They are handmade by a local company based in Newcastle, called North Chocolates. They use less sugar and no vegetable fats, just cocoa and cocoa butter - which means it's better for you, so you can eat more, right?

I had the Dark Honey Comb bar and my partner had the White Raspberry Beret (Which just make me think of the Prince song). I am not a massive fan of raspberries so we had one each, which is fine by me! Mine was very rich but the honeycomb added a nice sweet edge, it was also a little bit of a different texture as it wasn't crunchy; it was chewy. I really liked it. I don't know why I am talking in past tense, I am making it last and still have most of the bar! But it is so nice! I feel quite proud that it is a local company producing some really delicious things.



There stockists are mainly in Newcastle, however they do have a few spread around the North, so if you see them I would definitely give them a try and support local businesses when you can! They do a variety of flavour in the different variations of chocolate so if your not a fan of dark chocolate, they do the same bar but in milk chocolate.

Last year, I actually went to a local event, which was food based and everything was amazing also, the atmosphere was just fantastic. It was a tea and cake event, and basically in the centre of the venue there were different cake for different countries and they all looked unbelievable!  When the local community comes together it makes me swell with pride, is that a bit sad? I feel like there is so much hate in the world that people coming together to support one another just makes me happy. Maybe I am just a little soppy!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Current Makeup products - Feb 2015

Dear Blog #13 - Vinyl Obsession!