Dove Purely Pampering Body Oil




I recently bought the Dove Purely Pampering Body Oil - Pistachio Cream and Magnolia. I got it at Costco on a whim, if I am honest, I thought it looked pretty and I really like Dove as a brand.



Then when I was looking at it I thought it would be perfect for my partner, as they have an eczema patch on their leg that won't budge. It was a matching set however, three years ago we went to Tenerife on holiday and with some sun, wearing shorts all the time, and constant moisturising; it eventually disappeared.

This one however, just won't go away, no matter what cream or lotion or potion we use. We have been using it for less then a week and the inflammation is going down. The skin is softening, the redness fading and not many complaints of it being itchy.

The product is a non-greasy oil that quite quickly absorbs into the skin. We have been using quite a bit on a night so that it slowly sinks. It smells really nice, is very nourishing and after two weeks of using it every night I have barely made a dint into the bottle!

*UPDATE* So after two weeks, the skin is nearly normal skin colour, inflammation has basically disappeared. I am getting a few complaints that it is itchy, but that definitely means it is healing, so hopefully it will go soon!

All we have been doing is applying two or three drops every night or after a shower. Then let it soak in over night. I have been trying to take photos of the progress however, you have to forgive some of the shoddy photography skills, as I was using my phone, in terrible light. Hopefully you can see a difference too!

Before (sorry it is super blurry!)
After
As you can see it has basically disappeared however it is still slightly different to the rest of the skin around it. Also, in person it is a more of a pink tone than the natural skin tone! I am really amazed at the difference and have already recommended it to my partner's dad, as he also suffers from eczema.

Obviously, I can't and don't want to promise miracles but it is working for us, so I would advise giving it a go but nothing has a guarantee! If not this exact product maybe try another body oil, or just baby oil.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Current Makeup products - Feb 2015

Dear Blog #13 - Vinyl Obsession!