Current Makeup products - Feb 2015

Starting this month, I am going to try and post monthly on what the current make-up products I am using (but to keep it quite short I'll only post the ones that change!) I will hopefully do the same with skincare, let me know in the comments below if that is something you are interested in.



So, first off foundation; for a good few months now I have been using the Body Shop bb cream in shade 00 fair. I originally fell in love with their Vitamin E BB cream but found that it made me look a tiny bit orange, so I started to look for something else. That's when I found the BB cream it blended perfectly and I bought it there and then. I really like it, it has a dewy finish; so great for dry skin and it is a light to medium coverage, which is what I prefer as I don't get many blemishes.



My current concealer of choice is the Soap and Glory Kick Ass Concealer in light. It is a three step kit, two shades of concealer, the lighter is meant to be for under eyes and then the darker is to be used for blemishes, using the lighter colour to create the right shade for your skin tone. The third step is a translucent setting powder - it comes with it's only little puff to apply this and a little mirror. So, you can quite easily pop it into your bag. I don't feel like it gives me the best coverage under the eyes but covers blemishes perfectly.

Next item I usually use is my eyebrow kit from Avon, in soft brown. This is a two set kit if you use the wax to shape your eyebrows then the powder to shade in, it lasts all day! It is a great product and I am dreading when I run out, at only £4 it is fantastic.

The most used eye-shadow palette in my collection is the Avon True Colour Eyeshadow Quad, in Mocha Latte. the four colours are the perfect to use as a highlight, eyelid, crease and outer v colours to make the perfect soft smoky eye for a day look.



Who doesn't love a cat eye? My favourite eyeliner is the Soap and Glory Super Cat. When I first started using liquid eyeliner, I was very nervous and it went all wrong. Eventually, i gave up for a good few years, then I found the felt-tip eyeliners, I first used the Avon version, it was relatively cheap but I found that it dried out really quickly! So, I went to one of my all time favourite brands and I feel head over heels! I have only ever bought one, about a year ago, and it still hasn't dried out! I use it everyday I wear make up, either it have a dramatic cat eye or a little micro-liner to make my eyelashes look fuller.


After curling my lashes I use Soap and Glory Thick and Fast, just the original. This mascara it a perfect all rounder, it lengthens and creates volume at the same time. I believe I got this in 2013's Soap and Glory Christmas box and was over the moon when it was in this years as well. I don't think anything can compare! For me, it is perfect.


That's it for now - I don't tend to use blush too often and haven't really found a bronzer I am in love with so, until next month, that's all! Please let me know in the comments, if there are any product you use everyday, or what are your go to products?

xo



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dear Blog #13 - Vinyl Obsession!