The Final Review: L'Oreal Beauty Box

It has been just under a month since I got my L'Oreal beauty box to review and I thought I would share with you my final thoughts.

First the Elvive Full Restore 5 Shampoo and Conditioner, I have to say I love them both. I have only used them since I got them and they haven't left any residue in my hair or made me feel like I've had to use something else. Normally, my hair doesn't like me to use the same product for a long period of time, normally it gets really dry and brittle. Also, sometimes when you use a shampoo too often you can't smell it on your hair but I have to say EVERYTIME I use it my hair smells AMAZING!!





Next, Skin Perfection Anti-fatigue Perk-up cream. I did really like this product at first. However, then I figured out this was a tinted moisturiser - as nowhere on the packaging (that I could find) did it say it was tinted. Also, by the end of the second week, when I was taking my make-up off my skin was getting very irritated so I stopped using it. My skin is still very sensitive and as far as I am aware I am not allergic to anything, but the only thing that changed in my routine was this cream. A bit disappointing as to begin with my skin felt more hydrated and smooth. 


Elnette is fantastic! I don't use hairspray often, but this leaves no residue and really does just brush out, so you can change your style. Hairspray and I have never had a good track record as I never like what my hair looks like, or I put the can just too close to my head and other disasters. I really love it and I think from now on I will only use this.


Next the eyeshadow palette in E1 Smoky. I like the colours but for a everyday look it is way to shimmery, also the 'instructions' on the back make you look a bit worse for wear. However, it is a very good shimmering nude-ish palette for a night out without going for more brash colours.


Another product I received  is their prodigy hair dye. I have to say it was one of the best I used, I believe I already explained exactly how I feel about using this product in a previous post. It was so easy to use, the gloves where the best I've seen in the box, easy to mix everything, just really good. The colour is last well, and don't think it has faded, I was expecting more copper-y tones but overall, i really liked it.



Finally, the Nail varnishes in clear and Forever Mink. At first I really didn't like the mink, it did grow on me but the nail varnish didn't last two days without peeling. It wouldn't just chip it would peel. Which is a bit frustrating but I think for someone who maybe just wants to use it for the night or something it would do the job.


Overall, I did like everything, not everything is perfect and I hope I have been fair. I gave them all a fair go and used them A LOT! (I haven't stopped using the shampoo or conditioner yet!) If I am honest when I run out of all of these I will probably buy more as I did really like them, apart from the skin perfection. If you have ever or do ever try any of these let me know in the comments!

xo


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Current Makeup products - Feb 2015

Dear Blog #13 - Vinyl Obsession!