My Morning Beauty Routine

Recently I've had some issues with my skin; in previous posts I've mentioned abandoning face wipes as they made my face really red and quite sore. This is my current skin care routine, but I'm still trying to find the perfect match for my skin.

Before we get started, I would say that my skin type is normal to dry, especially around my nose and chin, sometimes creeping onto my forehead.



First off, I use Soap and Glory's Peaches and Clean. I love everything Soap and Glory, they always smell so nice, are really nourishing and don't dry out my skin. This is a 3-in-1 product, it claims to remove makeup, unclog pores and re-energise your complexion. I really love this product, as I said before it doesn't dry out your skin, smells amazing and removes most make up; I wouldn't use it for waterproof mascara.Not because I don't think it could handle it, more because I have quite sensitive, dry eyes so anything in them burns! I use one or two pumps and lather onto damp skin then rinse off. Using a dry towel I dab my skin dry; I think part of the issue of the skin wipes was the rubbing motion so I try to avoid too much pressure on my skin.


Next I use my Lush Ultrabland cleanser, not the nicest smelling Lush product but it is great for dry/sensitive skin. It goes on as a cream and turns to an oil as you work it into the skin. I work a small amount of the cleanser into my skin, focusing on the dry areas. You are meant to wipe the product off with a damp warm flannel or cotton pad, However, I use some Boots Botanics Micellar 3-in-1 cleansing solution.


I use the All Bright solution, it dissolves make up, unclog pores and removes impurities. I haven't noticed that it has brightened my skin but it is great either on it's own or with the cleanser. Fragrance, alcohol and soap free and no rinsing need afterwards. So perfect for travelling for a quick little freshening up. I use a cotton pad and gently hold the pad on my skin gently sweeping over the face, holding over eyes and stubborn make up areas.


Then, I use Boots Botanics All Bright Radiance Concentrate Serum. Again, I haven't noticed any major difference to my skin. I use two or three drops on a cotton wool pad ad dab it over my face, avoiding my eyes. I have just ran out of this, so I might look for a different serum to try as a serum is a concentrated way to hydrate your skin. I think I will go for a more hydrating then brightening as I don't think I have particularly dull skin.

After that, I use the boots Botanics All Bright Day Cream, this has spf 15. Which is great to use alongside the two previous items mentioned as they both have hydroxy acid in which make your skin extra sensitive to uv rays. I'm not sure on the cream as it is a very water texture, I wouldn't even call it a cream I would be more inclined to call it a lotion. Also, as I have said twice before, I haven't noticed any brightness in my skin from using this, and I think I would be inclined to try the Simple day cream.


I have two Simple products I am loving at the moment; their revitalising eye roll on and their soothing eye balm. Both claim to reduce puffiness and the balm relaxing tired eyes and the roll on waking them up. (I must have very confused eyes!!) I find this really nice to apply and especially the roll on feels like it is hydrating my under eye as well waking them up! Perfect for an early morning start! Even though they don't claim to help with dark circles, I genuinely think they have helped. I know that my dark circles are due to dehydration, and I know I need to drink more water! But, I think these products have helped fade them a little.









And... that's it... for now! 

I previously used a body shop cleanser, toner and face wash with tea tree, however in the Winter months I found it dried out my skin too much! I think they would be great for a more oily skin type, obviously more prone to blemishes also. I'm hoping to buy and try more products soon to mix this routine up a little, I would like to get a good face scrub as just using a flannel can irritate my skin, so any suggestions, just pop them in the comments!

xo


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Current Makeup products - Feb 2015

Dear Blog #13 - Vinyl Obsession!