Current Beauty Favourites - The prep


So I thought I would do a proper blog post talking about some beauty products I have been using a lot recently. 

First I am going to talk about preparing my skin.




First I use my Garnier Micellar water - using a cotton pad I will wipe and gently dab the pad over my face. I then go in with my Breath of Fresh air toner from Lush, I either spray a light and tap it in or spray some on to the palm of my hand and gently apply it that way. I do this to prep my skin and make sure it is nice and clean ready for fresh make up to be applied.

After I let that sink in a while, I use my Nip + Fab dragons blood serum, this hydrates and plumps my skin ready for my moisturiser. It is quite strong smelling - very floral but it is very good stuff. I recently got the soap and glory speed plump all day super moisture marvel. It smells on watermelon slightly, it creates a smooth base to layer your make up on to. I also moisturise my under eyes, with the Simple kind to eyes soothing balm - I use this morning and night. It reduces the dark circle under my eyes and leaves me looking so much more alert.

In the photo there is also my treasured Simple rapid action spot zapper - I use this when and if I need it. It has a metal roller ball which you roll over your spots and it helps reduce redness, it claims in four hours. I don't know whether I believe that or not but I definitely think it helps get rid of them much quicker!

Finally just before my make up I have started using a new primer - the bourjois illuminating primer. This is a newbie to my collection but so far I am loving it! It is a pink iridescent cream that lifts your skin and makes it look so much more healthy and like you have a natural glow. It also creates the perfect base to start applying your foundation.

Let me know in the comments if you have tried any of these products and whether you liked them or not? Also I will be doing a second part to this, which will be my actually make up I have been using so keep watching for that coming shortly!

Xo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Current Makeup products - Feb 2015

Dear Blog #13 - Vinyl Obsession!