Current Beauty Favourites - The face

So in this post I am going to be talking about what I actually put on my face to make me look beautiful.




I start by applying my Bodyshop highlighter, it is a cream -  sometimes it can unsettle my foundation so I like to apply this underneath the create a natural looking glow. Next I apply the Maybelline age rewind concealer, just to my under-eyes, it covers the darkest of dark circles and is great on the lid as a good base for any eyeshadow.

Then I apply my foundation - I am currently loving Revlon photoready foundation it was reasonably priced and offers a medium to high coverage - very buildable. It doesn't cake and settles on the skin without emphasising pores or fine lines. Not in the photo - but I use my body shop honey bronzer on the high points of my face to give me a nice glow.

For contouring I use the So Susan bronzer - it is a duo with a highlight however I find it a bit to glittery and chunky. However the bronzer colour is perfect it is more of a ashy tone but warm enough to not make you look gaunt (or dead ha!). I use that to chisel in my cheek bones, and make my forehead a little bit more dainty.

I then use one of my W7 palettes (In the buff in the photo but I have a few) to do a kind of soft smokey eye. I tend to take the lightest colour and tap that all over the lid, then a dark warm brown in the crease and use a shimmer of gold on top to give it more depth. If I have the patience I may use the soap and glory cat eyes liquid liner to create a cat flick.

Then I move on to brows - after brushing them out I use my Avon powder to fill them in and the benefit gimme brow to set them into place. To finish my eyes I have been using the soap and glory thick and fast mascara - the one in the photo is the collagen infused one. The brush is different to the standard thick and fast - it has a fatter  and thin end one it perfect for the bottom eyelashes. I don't know whether there is much of a difference between the two but I definitely prefer this one.

Finally to complete the look I use the L'oreal true match highlight in icy glow. I use the bigger pink section to highlight all the high points on my face. However, when I want an extra glow I will go in with the more white shade to make everything pop ten times more!


And that is the finished look - not the best photo to show the actual make up but it a half decent photo of me! ha!


Let me know if you have any suggestions of products I should try below?

xo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Current Makeup products - Feb 2015

Dear Blog #13 - Vinyl Obsession!