Television in Lockdown

So with over 100 days in lockdown, most of which I wasn't working from home, I found I had a lot of spare time. At first, I was in a big hole of depression, I didn't get dressed, I didn't look after myself and honestly, my IBS was off the charts. TMI I know.



After finding a groove, we started shaping a routine mainly by watching the soaps, Eastenders and Coronation Street. Watching the Geoff storyline develop was hard but gripping at the same time. If you have them saved, I would watch them, they are great tele but also I stark reminder of what some people have to go through.

At the start of lockdown, my partner convinced me to watch Waterloo road. he told me it was something he wanted to rewatch for a while and honestly, we had just finished Ackley Bridge so I was in the mood for something similar, both of them I would recommend. Ackley Bridge is about two different communities coming together, by schools joining together. It shows the cultural differences and also just some general teenage issues and concerns. That is available on channel 4. Waterloo Road is a few years old now, but it is a bit of nostalgia. It is again set around a school, about the staff and teachers. I was gripped straight away, towards the end of the 10 seasons I did find that they were bringing up similar stories and it muddied the waters but all in all, it was a good watch. We have only just finished that recently.

Over the last week or so, we have started 24. Another recommendation by the other half, we have already finished season 1 and I am thoroughly enjoying it. Up to episode 4 of season 2 and the momentum is the same. If you aren't sure whether it is for you, it follows the day of a few different people but namely Jack Bauer, a counter-terrorist Unit agent who has to try and save the day. Each episode is meant to represent an hour of that day. It has a lot of action in it, lots of twists and turns, some I haven't been able to guess. It is a one you have to think about.

Finally, The Mandolorian. I was so pleased this came out when it did! It is available on Disney Plus, it is a Star Wars story and I think all you need to know is it has baby Yoda in. The first time we watched it all you could hear was the BF cooing over Yoda every two minutes. He is very, very cute! However, that aside, he is also sassy. But seriously, it has a great storyline to it and I really hope that they make another season.

I hope you don't mind this type of post. I like recommending things but always feel like when it comes to tv and film I don't want to say too much but then I might be vague... Hopefully, you will understand. Anyway, leave suggestions of anything to watch and I will add it to my never-ending list!

xo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Current Makeup products - Feb 2015

Dear Blog #13 - Vinyl Obsession!