Christmas 2014

It's CHRISTMAS! (nearly!)

I ADORE CHRISTMAS!


I love everything about Christmas, the atmosphere, giving presents, seeing everyone happy, being round the people you care about, and getting amazing stuff! As much as I love presents, I love to give them even more. I am super organised when it comes to presents and normally have all my shopping done by November, or at least know and budget for everything. I normally know where I am going to get it from, where will be the best place to get it from and when I'll be able to get it. I have spreadsheets and list coming out of my ears!

Themes make the festivities a little bit more stressful, as I found out this year. This is my third Christmas in my own house. The first of which was rushed as I was in Florida for the first three weeks of December. The second was in a shared house, so compromises had to be made - well everyone else had to compromise! SO this is the first year with only my partner and I (and our piggies!)

The first year, because it was a rush to get everything prepared before I went away, we went for a classic colour scheme, of reds, golds and green. Which is the colour scheme my Mam always follows and it makes me think of home and comfort. But sometimes change is also good.

Last year I chose a kind of Nordic theme, with red and white, stags, deer, rustic looking items. 


Well apart form my amazing Pascal (from tangled!)


Last years tree

This year we hit the January sales and found some lovely wrapping paper and cards (all matching) so have decided on a black and gold 1920's inspired theme. It has been really hard to find suitable items on the high street; as a lot of the 'current' themes are Nordic, rustic or wildlife based - I've seen some evil looking squirrels with snow on... Weird...


I would love to hear what you do around Christmas as it always seems to be me waffling on so; do you choose themes? What's your favourite thing about Christmas? What Traditions do you have? 

Let me know below or find me on twitter (@KirstweeBlog), Instagram (@Kirstweeblog) or Pinterest (Kirstwee Blog).

xo


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Current Makeup products - Feb 2015

Dear Blog #13 - Vinyl Obsession!