When life kicks your ass...

There has been some serious neglect over here, and I am so sorry. Life has been tough, and I don't think I have ever really explained why properly.


I have always battled with anxiety and that led me to dabble with depression, I was in a relationship with my ex partner and even though this may seem extreme to say, it was abusive. Now, i don't mean physically but mentally, I couldn't see people, I wasn't in control of my money and so many other things. If you have been there you will know. I don't want to dwell on that, but that led to me cracking, in 2016.

I recognised hat it had gotten to a stage where I couldn't even pretend to mange anymore. I was put on anti-depressants and began actually fighting these feelings. Since then, I have done CBT, counseling, and even taken up mindfulness and mediation. Now that is something I never thought I would say but it has actually helped.

Early in 2019 I have came off my antidepressants, and apart from a panic attack, I am coping. Some days are of course better than others but overall my level of anxiety is manageable. The treatments have of course helped but a support system is also key. I can't thank the people around me enough, and it is hard to say, but if it wasn't for them I wouldn't be here.

Now, lets not make this doom and gloom, I am in fact still here and ready to put in the time and effort to make this work. Now I don't want to set unrealistic expectations but I intend on updating here regularly. I want to keep this light, so it may be my culinary delights, maybe a dear blog post, or just some random ditty I found on the internet.

I want this to be a honest and safe space, I am going to open up and use this to share my raw moments. Hopefully this will help someone, you never know!

Hopefully you will join me!

See you soon :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Current Makeup products - Feb 2015

Dear Blog #13 - Vinyl Obsession!