First post

Hello, and welcome to my spotty apron. My name is Kirsty, I am 21 and currently living in North-East England. I love to cook really good food, saving money, being a girlie-girl and looking after my partner and our five beautiful kids (my guinea pigs).

I really like experimenting with different flavours but I am a bit of a progressive cook; as in I try kits and sauces then I try to recreate them myself. Also, I try to use rubs or marinading as it is great way of getting flavour without too much effort, it is best to do this overnight.

A great place to get inspiration from is the internet, I use bbc good food as they have a lot of variations on the same recipe so I often pick and choose different elements to try and get a balance I like. I have a few cookery books, but I find that sometimes they are a bit hit and miss, as in I love Jamie Oliver but I haven't made every single recipe out of his book I have. This is why I prefer the internet; if you are stuck all you need to is input some of the basic things you have in the cupboard and hey presto an idea you can use without having to nip to the shops. Its really difficult but I try not to make the same dish twice in one month, and also set a goal of making at least four new dishes a month.

Getting a bargain makes me really happy, I am really lucky that me and my partner can get fantastic deals at Costco, but shopping around is well worth it. My partner works at Sainsbury's and receives discount but sometimes it's still worth going to either Asda or Morrison's. I love Asda however, I adore the freshness of Morrisons, even though the shops are terribly laid out.

Trying to get bargains when it comes to creating new dishes can sometimes be hard but it isn't impossible. Keep your eyes peeled for cheaper brands. Sometimes they are just as good but just in plain packaging as supermarkets don't want you to buy them as the profit margin is not as high.

I love beauty products and I try hard to look after my skin. Being a girlie girl and being really busy with work and a little family, it is important to remember to take some 'me time'. If I don't I get a bit grouchy but it's nothing a nice lick of new nail varnish and a face of make-up won't fix.

xo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Current Makeup products - Feb 2015

Dear Blog #13 - Vinyl Obsession!